Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Reflection 9: What have you learned about the use of technology in the process of instructional delivery?

Through this class I have learned quite a few good processes that will help me when I succeed in becoming a teacher. Through the process of instructional delivery I have learned that today’s technology can be applied to almost anything. One of the most important things to know how to do when you become a teacher is how to make a lesson plan. Not only should you know how to make a lesson plan but you should know how to follow it and place details into it. When you have a well written and detailed lesson plan you will use your class time very effectively. I have learned to make a lesson plan using a basic lesson plan format and each lesson plan should be for the different type of lesson theory you are most comfortable with and the one which suits your needs best. I have also learned how to create a Digital Story. Stories have been around for many years since the beginning of time and they have slowly expanded our brains to see and hear the way stories are told. Most basic stories are books, movies or spoken stories; a digital story is a story that includes all basic stories. Digital stories include spoken words, pictures and images, music and have a theme. I have learned how to do a digital story step by step and it is actually quote simple. You must first choose the images you want shown, then you record yourself telling the story you want told that go with your images. Lastly, you choose the appropriate music to be in the background of the story. During the time I was in this class I have also done several power points. Power points are very good for presentations but they also can be used as a helpful studding tool. Many people don’t have good handwriting and get bored by studying just by reading so a power point can be very useful in the fact that it can help you study in a more efficient way. I used to place a lot of pictures and make my power points very entertaining but I have learned that it is not as much as the things you add to it as much as the content that is important. I have also had the chance to do study handouts. Study handouts are very useful because, just as power points, you can print these out and study straight from them. If you are not a great painter, you can add images to your handout that might help you remember certain topics you need to study. This class has helped me tremendously in learning new technological things that will help me in my journey as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment