Monday, March 8, 2010

Reflection 10:What have you learned in this class? What is your most valuable experience?

This semester has been very hectic for me. I was experiencing quite a few personal problems and I am still very proud of the work I have completed thus far. In my journey of becoming a teacher I know I will come across many hard things in my path and one of those is school. I am a very good student, when I put my mind to it, but if not I become very lazy. This class is one of those classes that you have to, pardon my French, and work your butt off! But yet I know this class is going to help me in my future career as hard as it has been. I have learned so much in this class that it is incredible. I would always see my middle school teachers with lesson plans and never thought much of it but man I didn’t know how much work has to be put into it. Lesson plans are by far the most time consuming yet most reliable and helpful skill in teaching. Once you master creating lesson plans, it will come as a breeze and in the long run you will thank yourself for it. I have also learned how to create digital stories which are quite fun actually. I am the type of computer geek and all of my friends call me when they need help with their computers so me learning how to create a digital story was very entertaining and rewarding. I love taking pictures so once I can create my own digital story that is not for school I think I am going to have about 100 slides. Another thing I have learned in this class is writing reflections. No other teacher, that I have ever had, has made me do reflections. I guess it makes me feel kind of important that my teacher actually cares what we think. With all of the typing for this class I also think that my typing has become faster! This reflection for instance I think It’s only taken me 10 minuets when usually it would have taken me 15. I have also learned how to elaborate my power points more and not just by adding more pictures but by the content I place in it. I have also learned how to make study handouts and I not going to lie, those are a pain but they are actually quite useful. I don’t think I will be doing them for other classes because it is too time consuming but it is defiantly something that is good to know. I would have to say that my most valuable experience thus far would have to be just taking the course. I have been a bit shady and confused on weather or not I really want to be a teacher but this class has cleared out a lot of that nonsense for me. I just hope that with the few semesters I have left that I can complete my AA with my major in Elementary Teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment