Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bio and Purpose Statement

My name is Alyssa Fernandez and I am 20 years young. My birthday is in October, which is my favorite month. I am a student at Miami Dade College and this is my forth semester. I have a very bubbly and ditzy personality. I am very shy if I don’t know anyone, but after I get to know then I become very hyper and energetic. I consider myself to be a good person and a friend because I am trustworthy and loyal. When I first started on Miami Dade I was unsure of what I wanted my major to be and after a semester I finally thought to my self and decided to be what I dreamed of being when I was a little girl- an elementary school teacher. I always pretended to teach my dolls and stuffed animals and whatever I learned that day in school is what I would then teach them. I think that being a teacher is such a rewarding job because you get to be apart of a child’s life, and a positive one at that. You have one of the greatest gifts as a teacher and that is to pass on your knowledge to others. I have always looked up to teachers because not only do they have a passion for teaching or need patience and have to deal with many different students and personalities, you actually have to like it because if not you will be miserable every morning when you wake up early to go to school and you will get stressed out and it may even interfere in your personal life at home with your family, friends, or any number of things. When I was younger it was very hard for me to go to school because I was close to my mother and I wanted to be with her than in school and I had one teacher that always had extra patience with me and gave me actual love as she did with all her students. Not everyone can have that type of attitude with other children if they are not their own. I still remember her to this day and I can even picture her. As I got older I started having trouble with math, and I had a teacher who tutored me after school at no extra cost because she cared that much to take her time out and help me with no questions asked. I hope that I can become a very good teacher, so good in fact, that kids will remember me for years to come in their lives, just as I have done with many of my previous teachers. And I also hope that they will leave my class with the knowledge that I had presented to them in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment