Sunday, August 30, 2009

Borges and I Reaction Piece

The 'Borges and I' text that we had to read was confusing at first so I had to read it through twice. Borges seems to have a split personality and he thinks of himself as a writer and then again as a reader of his own books. In my life, I do play different roles, as does everyone. I have the role of a daughter for example, and in that role in my mind I know the things I should say and should do, yet in reality I do and say things differently than my role (in myself) expects me to. At this point in my life i'm not exactly sure who I am. I am still trying to learn about myself and everyday I find out new things I like that I thought I didn't. I ruled out a list of things I shouldn't do but yet I still go against what my mind is saying and just follow my instincts. I may not be sure who exactly I am yet, but I believe to be getting quite close.

No comments:

Post a Comment